Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nail & Hair Catalog Part I

EDIT: The app has since updated and changed it's graphics but the links should all still be the same as shown here.

I don't remember how I came across this app, most likely from when I was entering kawaii into the search engine just to see, but I've had it for awhile and never really checked it out until yesterday.



It is pretty much straightforward in title, it is a hair style and nail art catalog.

It is also pretty much in Japanese.





Lower half of main menu



Shooting back to the top of the menu. We're going to start with Beauty FES



Once you tap the Beauty FES tab it will open to this screen.

What is listed are three salons, in this case three nail salons - I'm not sure if this is because Beauty FES is for nails or if this varies - For me all three all the salons only had three nail images all of which can be found in the main nail catalog.



I opened NORIKO nail tab for simplicity's sake. As I stated it shows three nail images of three different looks, not a similar thing about them other then being done at NORIKO nail salon - for what I gather.



Again clicking on the first nail image to keep it simple, it pulls up a larger image of the look. Plus it provides quite a bit of information on the nail salon.


Going for the weak spot first, being the map option, while probably immensely helpful to those in Japan it is not so much helpful to those across an ocean.

After asking me to allow the use of my location, at which point I saw trouble coming minutes away, the screen just sat there spinning as if trying to decide whether or not I was going to kayak across the ocean just to get  my nails done or something. It decided not to tempt me and just gave me a blank screen.



Now clicking on salon is quite a bit more informative. But only if you know Japanese.
Which I do not, well not nearly enough.



It still is quite a neat thing though. It will at least give you an image or two of the interior salon and a picture of some of their work.



It also appears to give you their hours and of course their telephone number.



I do imagine it tells you a bit about their salon in the text but unless you or someone you know can translate it is pretty much lost on you, like it is on me.



Another little neat gizmo is the coupon tab. Which opens a tab with text, now as I can't read this I'm not sure if it is an actual coupon or just a neat thing that lets you know when a salon is doing a special event.

This one is clearly showing a drop in price of something 13000 to 5500 yen.

I'm also not sure if the salons will honor these coupons if presented to them.



Backing out to the main menu again~

We're going to tap on the double heart tab.



Which will bring you to a screen that asks you to chose either nail or hair.

To keep it simple, again, I tapped nail.



Which brings me to another pick one screen.



Can you guess?  I tapped party nails!

Which gives you looks more associated with dinner parties or the classier like, aka not the kind of parties I was thinking of, very elegant and classic.



Funny, gives you more cutesy colorful nails.

Maybe they meant fun instead of funny?



Going back to the pick or chose nail or hair menu, but first!

This is a bit of an image heavy post so I'm going to pull one of these.....

Continued in PART II of Nail & Hair Catalog~

No comments:

Post a Comment