Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Painting Two Rooms

My two rooms that need painting are:

A large room that is very oddly shaped with ceiling that flows right into the slanted wall, attic room, and is all painted a butter cream yellow kind of color which isn't terrible but kinda of boring. It also features a dark green, lovely soft, carpet that is to be left alone.

A mid sized bathroom cover in two different sets of wallpaper (midway it changes to a different one), which I will be stripping, and some white paint. The flooring being a gaudy pink color carpet which unfortunately also has to be left alone, covering it in rugs or carpet squares is the plan here.



The problem being though is that I have no idea what the paint plan is I have no idea which to chose!

The ideas being:

  1. Mori: dark natural tones, natural themed furniture, inspired nature decor, upcycle deer horn mounts
  2. Dolly/Cult party: more rich tones, antique dark wood furniture, tassels, velvet like fabrics
  3. Pop: bright colors, bubbly shapes, white furniture, lots of fun items
  4. Melting: paint done like melting ice cream/sweets, furniture that reminds of ice cream/sweets toppings
  5. Shabby chic: white antiqued paint and furniture, light aged colors added with decor, antique simple decor
  6. Creepy cute: eyeballs or bats some creepy design done on wall in cute pastels, decor of cute and creepy mix, bloody hand as ring holder but on v-heart shaped table
As you see my paint will tie the entire rooms theme together, you can also see my ideas are a crazy jams mess

Since my rooms carpet is going to stay the dark green I was leaning towards the mori or dolly/cult theme for there, really on the mori, but I also really love melty designs so much that I kind of want to use it as well and I'm not feeling it for the bathroom which I was leaning more towards the shabby or creepycute.

Painting is such a hard job~




No comments:

Post a Comment